At Purplebricks we hold our customers at the heart of everything we do. We endeavour to provide support at every step of your journey with us. If, however, you feel that we have fallen short of your expectations, we will do whatever we can to resolve your issues and promise to be transparent in all dealings with you during this process. Purplebricks will act in accordance with this Complaints Procedure should you feel that you have cause for complaint about our service. Should you feel unhappy with the service you have received, please contact us on email@example.com.
- When a complaint is received from you about the service offered by Purplebricks, a Local Real Estate Expert ("the Expert") or Central Property Expert ("the Agent"), the Expert or the Agent will be given the opportunity to resolve the matter informally with you.
- The Expert or Agent will contact you to discuss the complaint informally within a period of 24 hours of being made aware by you of any dissatisfaction. Should the Expert or Agent be unavailable, contact will be made instead by the Territory Manager within the same area of the business. All complaints, whether informal or formal, are also notified to the Customer Service Manager and Head of Customer Experience as a matter of course.
- In the event that you remain dissatisfied with this informal resolution, the Expert or Agent will refer your case to a Purplebricks Regional Director for your area. The Regional Director will contact you within two working days and will endeavour to resolve your complaint during a telephone call if possible. If you remain dissatisfied, they will ask you to provide a formal written complaint so that every point can be investigated and responded to thoroughly.
- Within two working days of receipt of any written complaint the Regional Director will write to you acknowledging receipt and confirming that they are investigating the complaint.
- Should the Regional Director be on leave or otherwise unavailable, an alternative senior manager will be designated the responsible person to deal with your complaint in their absence.
- Upon receipt of any written complaint and following acknowledgement the Regional Director will undertake an investigation of the issues raised. This investigation will include interviews with the persons involved in the case and checking of all relevant details. The investigation will also consider the activity history recorded on the My Purplebricks platform. Once a full investigation is complete, a full, honest and open written response will be sent to you within ten working days.
- There may be exceptional circumstances where the Regional Director is unable to respond within this timescale. In such circumstances, they will write to you and explain the reason why they cannot reply during that time and will provide you with an anticipated timescale as to when you are likely to receive a written response to your complaint.
- Should you disagree with our response and wish to escalate (appeal) your complaint, you should notify Purplebricks of this in writing within 28 days of the date of our written response. Your complaint and investigation will be reviewed by our Customer Service Manager.
- Upon receipt of your appeal, you will be contacted by a member of our Customer Service team within two working days acknowledging receipt and confirming that they are reviewing your complaint.
- Our Customer Service Manager will review all documentation and correspondence relevant to your complaint and will respond with a final decision in writing within ten working days of the receipt of your appeal.
- Please note: If your formal complaint is in relation any partner companies, due to the regulatory environment in which they may operate, the complaint must be dealt with by their internal complaints team. Your complaint will be subject to their specific complaint timescales, more details of which will be available from the partner company.